Marketplace and Houses, Sierra Leone, 1856
The Illustrated London News (Oct. 25, 1856), vol. 29, p. 435.
Caption, Waterloo Market, shows what is described as the second most important market in Sierra Leone, after Freetown. The marketplace occupies one side of a spacious quadrangle, which has in its centre a circular inclosure (p. 436); the building at the right is inhabited by the British colonial official.
Metadata is available under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International