Vue de l'etablissement des missions a St. John dans l'isle de Antigoa aux Indes Occidentales

Description

"View of the establishment of missions in St. John in the island of Antigua in the West Indies" (caption translation). This image shows a Moravian mission station with buildings in the background and people in the foreground. One of a set of four separately published engravings, which were likely compiled by John Henry Lewis Stobwasser, probably the son of Johann Heinrich Stobwasser (1740-1829), who was a Moravian missionary in Antigua from 1812 until 1822.

Source

Johann Heinrich Stobwasser, Ansichten von Missions-Niederlassungen der evangelischen Brüder-Gemeinde/Vues des etablissemens missionaires fondés par la Communauté évangélique des Fréres-Unis (Basel: Birmann, 1830).

Creator

Stobwasser, Johann Heinrich

Date Created

1830

Language

French

Rights

Image is in the public domain. Metadata is available under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International.

Identifier

ANSCICH2

Spatial Coverage

Caribbean--Antigua
IIIF Manifest Download